Wednesday 30 October 2013

Groundhog Day - HELP!!!

If you've every had to work night shifts then you may be aware of the problem i am currently suffering from!!

My night shifts generally run from 9 or 10 pm until 7am getting home and into bed at around 7.30am.

I have no problem with the shifts themselves and can stay awake throughout the night however!!!!!

When it comes to sleeping in the morning i appear to have a massive problem in that i wake up at around 1030am without fail.

Now it may be 1030, 1031, 1032 or anything up to 1039 but for some strange reason my body decides that 1030 or thereabouts is a great time to wake up.

It doesn't seem to matter how tired i am when i go to bed or even if i leave getting into bed until 8, i still wake up at around 1030.

I have also tried not eating before going to sleep, eating before i go to sleep, kalms and other herbal medicines which made me feel sick etc etc etc but whatever i do the clock still shows around 1030 hence my post title of groundhog day.


When i wake i have that dreaded feeling of whether to look at the clock or not. When i find the urge irresistible i turn over to find the clock showing around 1030 again.

Now sometimes i can go back to sleep for a couple more hours and sometimes its only for an hour or so but it's really starting to get to me that for some reason my body clock is so messed up or on time as the case may be.

I would love to hear from anyone else who has the same problem and any things you may have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment